WELCOME!!!!
Hello fellow bloggers and Ben, this is my blog for Sula by Toni Morrison; if you want to find out more about the book, this is a wonderful site to do that. I hope you enjoy your visit.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Mimicing Writing Used By Morrison
Even now on the saddest day in Penelope Neighbors I could remember---a day so sad that the chirping of my phone haunts me as I hear yet again the daunting news of my mother's omission, a day so sad where the doctors become like the fizzes of a coke bottle after it's been shook as their ears are tickled by the interminable cacophony of "HELP!", a day so sad where the constant moans of hurting patients become like Charybdis as each and every sound swivels you up and scars your soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your line about the coke bottle brought up a great point. The opening of a coke bottle is such a common sound but never really heard anything in the story. Toni Morrison did a great job with the five sense except for the sense of sound. I really can't think of a time when I could hear something in the story. Perhaps it was so that the reader would focus in on the story and bring more attention to certain situations.
ReplyDelete